Careers at Romax
Sign up to the mailing list
Keep up to date with the latest product and industry news from Romax Technology.
Our design services are delivered through a combination of our highly experienced engineering team and industry leading design platform. The design services we offer assist market entrants with the development of new products and industry leaders with the specialist knowledge to overcome their design challenges and improve their design process.
With design and analysis experience of components on machines from 750 kW to 6 MW, we understand wind turbine mechanics. Our engineering team is recognised by leading organisations in the industry for their exceptional technical understanding and innovative problem solving approach. We work alongside you to develop products according to your specification.
- Improve design and increase the competitive advantage of products
- Reduce time and costs of product development
- Accurately simulate complex system interactions at the design stage
- Partner with a technology expert
- Optimise system performance
- Maximise product robustness
- World leading experts in design ensuring your products are efficient and reliable
- Our design platform and experienced team allows the development of new products within reduced time frames
- We add value at any stage of the design process, from concept to optimisation and work in a way the best suits you Solutions
- We provide innovative solutions to your design challenges
- We work to your specification to address issues like durability, weight, cost and maintenance
- We work alongside your engineers to imbue our design expertise to your team
Romax is the world's number one independent designer
A robust, effective gearbox sits at the heart of any profitable
wind turbine. Understanding the variety of wind turbine gearbox
design challenges presented by multi-megawatt turbines is key to a
Romax has designed over 15 wind turbine gearboxes, ranging from 1.5MW to 5MW and upwards, for both onshore and offshore installations, all of which have received GL A-DA.
These can be licensed for manufacture as is, or if you require a bespoke wind turbine gearbox design - Romax can accommodate.
End to end solution
Romax can supply a complete wind turbine gearbox design solution - from initial specification, through design, certification, manufacturing support and installation through to CMS and predictive maintenance and monitoring packages (see InSight iDS).
Multiple gearbox design layout configurations
Romax has designed wind turbine gearboxes in multiple configurations to a multitude of different specifications.
Unique gearbox design methodology
The Romax gearbox design approach is unique and is the key reason for our succes - we consider the whole system. A wind turbine gearbox is subject to constant stress from a variety of sources, all of which must be understood, considered and designed for during the design process. We ensure all the components - gears, bearings, shafts, housing - and systems - drivetrain, blades - are considered individually and as part of a whole. We then use this knowledge to design the most suitable wind turbine gearbox for the application.
At a glance...
- Worlds number one designer of wind turbine gearboxes
- 1.5MW to 5MW+ range
- Onshore and offshore models
- Industry leading experts
- Cutting edge software and design tools
Romax is the world's number one independent wind turbine gearbox and drivetrain designer.
Our platform technology is licensed by over 10 different wind turbine manufacturers who have chosen from over 15 multi-megawatt wind turbine gearbox and drivetrain designs. All Romax designed wind turbine gearboxes and drivetrains go through certification and all wind turbine gearboxes are A-DA certified.
Romax's expert engineering teams are able to re-engineer and optimise your existing wind turbine gearbox or drivetrain or can provide all the support you require to specifiy and select the right solution from our catalogue of pre-designed and pre-certified wind turbine gearbox and drivetrain licensed designs.
Our expertise in gearboxes and bearings and our "whole system approach" means we are perfectly placed to be drivetrain experts. Our unique design platform provides a single platform in which to design and analyse drivetrain systems and allows our team to accurately simulate all dynamic loadings a wind turbine is subject to.
Being able to design the drivetrain as one fully integrated system and subject it to the conditions in which it is expected to perform, ensures our drivetrain designs are effective in the field.
At a glance...
- Integrated drivetrain platform scalable to 10MW+
- Designed around optimal Cost of Energy (CoE)
- Utilises market leading proven technologies
- Designed for ease of transportation, assembly and maintenance
- Incorporates InSight iDS, cutting edge monitoring and diagnostics software